The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is a nonprofit organisation in the United States for people 50 and older. Through their services, the organisation was formed to improve the quality of life for seniors. After becoming a member of the AARP, you will be able to take advantage of a variety of services such as discount programmes, insurance, credit cards, help and advice services, and publications. There are no annual fees with the AARP Visa card, and interest rates range from 12.24 to 18.24 percent. To be eligible for the card, you must have good credit. The AARP Visa credit card can be paid by mail, phone, or online. Monthly statements are mailed to the cardholder’s address. If you owe money on your card, you’ll need to know how to make an AARP credit card payment.
Method 1 Pay by Phone
1. Call card member services at 1-800-436-7958.
2. Enter the full credit card account number. This can be found on your statement under the account summary.
3. Enter the zip code associated with the card.
4. Listen for the current balance amount, statement balance and due date.
5. Press 2 for payment information.
6. Press 2 again to make a payment.
7. Verify the last 4 digits of the social security number associated with the account.
8. Press 1 to use the same account previously used to pay the bill.
9. Press 1 to pay the current balance.
10. Press 1 to approve the payment.
11. Document your confirmation number.
12. Press 0 at anytime to speak to an advisor.
Method 2 Pay by Mail
1. Complete a check for the balance due amount made payable to Chase Card Services.
2. Include check and detachable portion of the billing statement, if available, in a stamped envelope.
3. Mail to:
Chase Card Services
P.O. Box 94014
Palatine, IL 60094-4014
Method 3 Pay Online
1. Go to www.chase.com/creditcards.
2. Create a user account or logon to your existing account.
3. Click on the “Payments & Transfers” tab.
4. Click on the “Quick Links, Make or schedule a card payment.”
5. Select from the drop down menu the account number you are paying on.
6. Click “Next.”
7. Select from the drop down menu the account to “Pay from.” Or enter account information.
8. Select the “Payment Amount.”
9. Enter the “Payment Date.“
10. Click “Next.“
11. Check the box next to “Yes, I authorize this transaction.”
12. Click “Make Payment.”
13. Document your confirmation number.
Creative Commons License