This article will walk you through the process of installing and adding Virtual Studio Technology (VST) Plugins to your FL Studio. It will also demonstrate how to use those plugins within the FL Studio environment.
1. Create a folder on your desktop named VST’s
2. Find and download the VST plugin you desire to that folder. Make sure you select Save As not Run.
3. If necessary, install the plugin. Some may require extraction; simply extract them to this folder and proceed (you may be given the option during installation to install as a VST Plugin or as a Stand Alone). Always check only VST Plugins.
4. Save the File to the VST Folder you Created
5. Locate the (vstname).dll file in the folder you created and Make a copy by pressing Ctrl+C
6. Ctrl+V will paste the (vstname.dll) file into the FL Plugin Directory when you open Program File/Imageline/Fl Studio10/Plugins/VST.
7. Launch Fruity Loops. There are various methods for installing an Effect for your mixer (i.e. AutoTune) or Generator (i.e. minimoog synth programme). This article assumes the installation of a generator.
8. Open the channel tab in the main screen and under the “add one” menu, click “More” at the top.
9. At the bottom of the next screen click refresh, Fast Scan
10. Scroll through the list until you see the (vstname) you installed. It should be written in red font.
11. Select the little Box which will have an f inside, close the window
12. Navigate to the channel tab and look for the generator you installed in the “add one” menu. When you select it, it will appear in the Step Sequencer.
13. Follow the same steps when installing an effect. Begin in the “mixerboard” screen, find the arrow on the drop tab to the far right tab, and repeat the steps above.
Creative Commons License