Have you ever wanted to save audio from Tumblr? This emindsca teaches you how to use extensions and the Inspect Elements feature in most Web browsers to download audio from Tumblr.
1. Open your Web browser and go to tumblr.com. This will take you to Tumblr’s homepage.
Log into your Tumblr account if you aren’t already logged in.
2. Search for any audio files you want to save. In the search bar at the top of the page, type in the name of the audio (if it’s a song).
3. Right-click on the audio and select Properties. After you’ve displayed the audio, right-click on the audio player to bring up more options.
To access the same options for any audio, Mac users must hold control and click.
4. Click Inspect Element or Inspect. This opens the elements for the page, which includes the programming for the audio link.
5. Click the Network tab. This appears in the menu ribbon along the top of the Inspect Element tab that opens.
6. Play the audio for a few seconds. This is so the audio player will display in the Inspect Element display.
7. Control-click/right-click on the size column. This will open a pop-up menu with additional options for the audio player.
Because the size column is not visible in some browsers, you can simply click on the row where the post appears.
8. Click Open in new tab. This will open the audio player in its own tab.
9. Select Save As by right-clicking/control-clicking anywhere in the new tab. This will open a dialogue window in which you can save the audio as an MP3 file to your computer.
Creative Commons License