This emindsca teaches you how to log out of Google Play on Android by logging out of your phone’s Google account, as well as how to log out of the Google Play website on a computer.
Method 1 On Android
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device. It’s the app with the gear icon, which is typically found in your Android’s app drawer.
You can also swipe down from the top of the screen and tap
2. Select Accounts. This displays a list of all the accounts that are linked to your Android phone.
On some Android versions, this may be under “Cloud & Accounts,” “Accounts & Sync,” or something similar.
3. Select Google. It’s next to the white icon with the capital “G” in red, yellow, green, and blue. This displays a list of all the Google accounts to which you have access on your Android smartphone.
4. Tap the account from which you want to log out. This displays all of the account’s options.
5. Tap ⋮ It’s the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the Google account settings. This brings up a drop-down menu.
6. Tap the Remove account button. It’s the second option in the upper-right corner’s drop-down menu. This causes a confirmation popup window to appear.
7. Tap the Remove account button. This confirms your desire to delete the Google account and logs you out of all apps that use that Google account.
If you need to sign back into your Google Play account, go to “Add a Google Account on Android” to learn how.
Method 2 On Desktop
1. Go to https://play.google.com in a web browser. You can use any web browser on PC or Mac.
2. Click on your profile photo. Your profile picture can be found in the website’s upper-right corner. This brings up a drop-down menu.
3. Sign out by clicking the Sign Out button. This logs you out of the Google Play website using your Google account.
To re-enter your Google Play account, click “Sign In” in the upper-right corner and enter the email address and password associated with your Google Play account.
Creative Commons License