This emindsca will teach you how to hack a Windows or Mac computer’s login and how to use TeamViewer to remotely control another computer.
Method 1 Bypassing a Login on Windows
1. Understand what this will achieve. While you can’t use a Windows 10 installation drive and Command Prompt to add a new administrator-enabled user who can see the main account’s files and folders, you can use a Windows 10 installation drive and Command Prompt to add a new administrator-enabled user who can see the main account’s files and folders.
You won’t be able to change the main account’s password, but you should be able to access, edit, and copy virtually everything from the main account.
2. Make a Windows 10 installation utility. Make sure you have a blank flash drive with at least 8 gigabytes of space, then proceed as follows:
Connect the USB flash drive to your computer.
Navigate to the Windows 10 download page.
Now click the Download Tool button.
Double-click the downloaded tool to launch it.
Follow the on-screen instructions, making sure to instal to your flash drive.
After the creation process is finished, leave the flash drive plugged in.
3. Change the boot order of your computer. This is required to instruct your computer to boot from the flash drive rather than the hard drive:
Navigate to your computer’s BIOS.
In the Boot or Advanced tab, look for the “Boot Order” section.
Select the name of your flash drive, then press + (or the “Up” key listed in the legend on the right side or bottom of the screen) until it is at the top of the list.
Use the key(s) listed in the legend on the right or bottom of the screen to save and exit.
4. Launch Command Prompt. Shift+F10 will bring you to the setup screen. The Command Prompt window should now be open.
5. Command Prompt should be used instead of Utility Manager. Utility Manager is a service with an icon on the lock screen. You can perform administrator-level functions without logging in by replacing Utility Manager with Command Prompt:
Type move c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\windows\system”’32\utilman.exe.bak into Command Prompt.
Press ↵ Enter
Type copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe into Command Prompt.
Press ↵ Enter
6. Restart your computer. Type wpeutil reboot into Command Prompt, then press ↵ Enter. At this point, you’ll need to remove your installation media from the computer in order to ensure that Windows reboots to the login screen rather than back into the installation setup.
Remove the installation flash drive and then press (or press and hold) your computer’s hardware Power button if Windows boots into the installation setup before you have a chance to remove it.
7. Launch Command Prompt. Once the lock screen has loaded, in the bottom-right corner of the screen, click the “Utility Manager” icon, which looks like a dial with a right-facing arrow in the middle. A window titled Command Prompt will appear.
If you do not replace Utility Manager with Command Prompt, clicking this icon will launch the Utility Manager.
8. Create a new user. Once Command Prompt opens, do the following:
Type in net user name /add making sure to replace “name” with a username of your choice.
Press ↵ Enter.
Type in net localgroup administrators name /add again replacing “name” with the name of the user you just created.
Press ↵ Enter
9. Restart your computer once more. When prompted, click the Power Image icon, then Restart. Your computer will restart once more, and then you will be able to log in with your new administrator account.
10. Sign in as your new user. When Windows has finished restarting, you will be able to log in using the account you created:
In the lower-left corner of the screen, type in the name of your new user.
Click the Sign In button.
Wait for Windows to complete the process of creating your new user account.
11. View the main account’s files. You can see all of the files and folders from the main user account by doing the following:
Open Image titled File_Explorer_Icon.png File Explorer. You can also press ⊞ Win+E.
Scroll up and click This PC in the left-hand column.
Double-click the computer’s hard drive.
Double-click the Users folder.
Double-click the main account’s user folder.
Click Continue when prompted, then wait for the user’s folders to load.
Browse the user’s files and folders as needed.
Method 2 Bypassing a Login on Mac
1. Recognize your limitations. While the following method will allow you to bypass the login on most Macs, some Mac users will have FileVault and/or a firmware password enabled, making it impossible to hack the Mac without knowing the password (s).
Keep in mind that the Mac user will be aware that their computer was accessed due to the password change.
2. Restart the Mac. Click Restart at the bottom of the login screen.
If you’re logged into the Mac, click the Apple menu Image click Restart…, and click Restart when prompted.
3. Press and hold the ⌘ Command and R keys. You’ll need to do this immediately after clicking Restart.
4. When you see the Apple logo, let go of the keys. This will launch your Mac into the recovery mode.
5. Click →. It’s at the bottom of the screen.
6. Click Utilities. This menu item is at the top of the screen. Clicking it prompts a drop-down menu.
7. Click Terminal. It’s in the drop-down menu. Doing so opens a Terminal window.
8. Enter the password reset command. Type in resetpassword and then press ⏎ Return to do so. A few Terminal commands will run, and the password reset page will open in the background.
9. Terminal should be closed. Click the red circle in the upper-left corner of the Terminal window once you see the password reset page open in the background.
10. Choose a user. Then, at the bottom of the window, click Next after selecting the user account you want to hack.
11. Create a new password. Fill out the following fields:
- New password — Enter your new password.
- Verify password — Re-type the password.
- Password hint — Add a hint for the password.
12. Click Next. It’s at the bottom of the screen.
13. Click the Restart button. This option is located at the bottom of the screen. When you click it, your Mac will restart; when it’s finished, you’ll be back at the login screen.
14. Log in with your new password. In the password box below the user you selected, type in the new password, then press ⏎ Return.
15. If prompted, click Continue Log In. This allows you to continue logging in without having to create a new Keychain.
16. As needed, browse the Mac. You shouldn’t have any restrictions because you’re on the user’s account, as long as they have administrator privileges.
Keep in mind that the password will be different from the user’s previous password, so they will be unable to log in with their previous credentials.
Method 3 Remotely Hacking via TeamViewer
1. Learn how to use this method. If you have access to the target computer during certain hours but want to be able to access it remotely whenever it is turned on, you can do so with TeamViewer.
If you want to use this method, keep in mind that you’ll need physical access to the computer.
If you have physical access to the computer but do not know the password, use the above-mentioned Windows or Mac bypass.
2. Create a TeamViewer account. You’ll need to do this in order to enable some features on the target computer:
- Go to https://www.teamviewer.us/ in your computer’s web browser.
- Click LOGIN
- Scroll down and click Sign Up in the lower-left corner.
- Enter your email address, name, and preferred password on the left side of the page.
- It’s best to use a new email address that doesn’t appear affiliated with you for this step.
- Check the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Click Sign Up
- Verify your email address by opening it, clicking the email from TeamViewer, and clicking the long link in the middle of the email’s body.
3. Install TeamViewer on both computers. Go to https://www.teamviewer.us/downloads/ in each computer’s web browser, click Download now, double-click the file that downloads, and then do the following:
- Windows — Check the “Installation to access this computer remotely” box, check the “Personal / Non-commercial use” box, uncheck the “Show advanced settings” box if necessary, click Accept – finish, and click Yes when prompted.
- Mac — Double-click the box-shaped icon in the middle of the TeamViewer window, then follow the on-screen instructions. You will first need to reset the Mac’s password if you don’t know the password as you’ll be prompted for the password during the installation.
4. Start up TeamViewer on your computer. To do so, double-click the blue-and-white TeamViewer app icon.
5. Install TeamViewer. Perform the following actions:
If prompted, click Cancel to close the “Unattended setup” window.
If possible, click the Try it now button at the top of the window.
6. Select the “Remote control” checkbox. It is located on the right side of the window. This ensures that you can later use your computer to gain access to the target computer.
7. On the target computer, launch TeamViewer. To do so, double-click the TeamViewer app icon.
8. Set up the target computer’s TeamViewer for easy access. Beneath the “Unattended Access” heading, do the following:
Check the “Start TeamViewer” box.
Check the “Assign to Device” box.
Enter your email address and password when prompted, then click Assign.
Check the “Grant Easy Access” box.
9. Examine the ID and password for the target computer. You should see a “ID” number and a “Password” number or jumble of characters on the left side of the computer’s TeamViewer window. To gain access to the computer, you’ll need to know both of these credentials.
10. Connect your computer to the target computer. In the “Partner ID” text box, enter the ID of the target computer, click CONNECT, enter the password when prompted, and click Log On. This will allow you to remotely access the other computer whenever you want.
Because the other computer is set up to allow you to sign in whenever you want, you shouldn’t have to touch the target computer again after installing and configuring TeamViewer.
You’ll also be able to control the other computer, allowing you to move files and folders, turn it off, and so on.
Creative Commons License