Western Union is an easy way to send and receive money. People frequently use it to pay bills or rent, or to make certain purchases without having to use their chequebook or debit card. You can use their tracking website or other convenient methods through their various customer service options to keep track of money you’ve transferred through Western Union.
Method 1 Tracking Your Transfers Online
1. To find the tracking page, go to the Western Union website. Go to https://www.westernunion.com/es/en/track-transfer.html to access the transfer tracking homepage and determine whether or not a money transfer was successful. To use this method, you will need Internet access, a computer, and some basic information about the transfer.
2. Choose whether you want to be the sender or the receiver of the transfer. The first question on the tracking page asks if you sent the money or if you are receiving it. Click on the bubble that corresponds to the correct answer for you.
3. Enter either the tracking number or the phone number of the sender. The second question requires you to enter either the MTCN, or transfer tracking number, or the sender’s phone number. If you were the recipient of the transfer and picked up the cash in person, the sender should have given you the MTCN when they made the transfer.
If you were the sender, you should have received the MTCN when you made the transfer. Alternatively, you can enter your phone number.
If you don’t know the MTCN or the sender’s phone number, go to the bottom of the page and click on the blue link that says “Don’t know the MTCN or sender’s number?”
4. Choose the country of the recipient and the amount of the transfer. The third question asks you to select the country of the receiver from a dropdown menu. If you are the recipient, select the country in which you are currently residing. Choose the location of the person to whom you sent the money if you are the sender.
The fourth question asks you to enter the transfer amount. Enter the monetary amount of the transfer and select the currency type from the dropdown menu.
5. Please enter the security code. At the bottom of the screen, there is a 6-character code made up of letters and numbers. Enter this code into the box directly below it. When you’ve finished answering all five questions on the page, click the blue “Track Transfer” box at the bottom of the screen.
The security code is a feature that informs the company that you are not a hacker robot.
6. To view your transfer history, sign in to your profile. If you used the Western Union transfer webpage and created a profile, you can log in by clicking the “Log In” button in the top right corner of the webpage. To access your account, enter your email address and password on the login page.
With an account profile, you can view your entire transfer history for the previous 90 days.
Method 2 Using Other Methods
1. To track a phone transfer, dial 1-800-CALL-CASH from a phone in the United States. If you prefer to speak with a representative over the phone and are in the United States, dial the customer service number. When you call, you’ll need some information about the transfer, such as the MTCN number or the sender’s phone number.
2. Download the Western Union mobile app to track transfers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Go to the Western Union customer service page from your mobile device at https://corporate.westernunion.com/consumer-services.html. Scroll down to the box that says “Download Our App” under Via WU App and click on it to create an account using the Western Union app.
To use the mobile app feature, you must have an Android, iPhone, or iPad device.
3. To track a transfer in person, go to a Western Union location. Go to the customer service homepage to find a Western Union location near you. Scroll down to the box labelled “Find Your Nearest Agent” and click on it.
On the location finder page, you will be asked to enter your country and postal code.
When you visit a Western Union location, bring information about the money transfer you want to track, such as the MTCN or the sender’s phone number.
Creative Commons License