This emindsca teaches you how to use the App Store to find and download free iPhone and iPad apps. It also includes a video tutorial. The App Store does not allow you to download paid applications for free.
1. Open the App Store. Tap the App Store app icon, which resembles a white “A” on a blue background.
2. Select Search. It’s represented by a magnifying glass-shaped icon located in the bottom-right corner of the display.
A search bar can be found in the top-right corner of the screen on some iPads, indicating that they have a Search section. If this is the case, enter your search term in the search bar and proceed to the next step.
3. To find something, type it into the search bar. This can be found at the very top of the Search screen. The keyboard on your iPhone or iPad will appear as a result of this action.
4. Enter the name or function of an application. Typing in the name of an app is the best option if you have one in mind; otherwise, typing in a keyword or phrase that will help you find an app that will meet your needs is the best option.
Example: If you are looking for a drawing app, you might enter the words draw or paint into this field.
5. Select Search from the drop-down menu. This blue button can be found in the keyboard’s upper right corner. As a result of doing so, the App Store will search for your entered word or phrase and display a list of matching or related apps.
6. Select an app. Tap the title of an app to open the app’s page after scrolling through the list of available apps until you find one that you want.
7. Tap GET. It’s a blue button on the right side of the page.
8. Enter your Touch ID when prompted. If you have Touch ID enabled for the App Store on your iPhone or iPad, scanning your Touch ID will immediately start the download of the app onto your device.
It’s possible to instal apps from the App Store even if you don’t have Touch ID enabled for the App Store or if your iPhone/iPad doesn’t support Touch ID. To do so, enter your Apple ID password and then tap Install when prompted.
9. Wait for the app to download. As the app begins downloading, you’ll see a square with a progress circle appear on the right side of the screen. Once the circle is complete, the app has successfully been download.
You can stop the app from downloading by tapping the square icon.
10. Tap OPEN. It’s in the same place as was the GET button. Doing so will open your app.
You can also open your app by tapping it on your iPhone’s or iPad’s Home Screen.
Creative Commons License