Paying someone with a wire transfer is a quick and convenient method of payment. As a Wells Fargo customer, you have the ability to send money online or in person, as well as to receive money via wire transfer. You’ll need to gather all of the necessary information to ensure that the wire goes through without a hitch. Also, make sure you understand the fees you will be charged, because money cannot be sent or received for free.
Method 1 Sending Money Online
1. Examine whether or not this is an option for you. If you have been a Wells Fargo Online customer for at least 180 days, you will be able to wire money to another account. You’ll also need a Wells Fargo savings, checking, or Command Asset Program account that’s currently active.
If you haven’t been a customer of Wells Fargo Online for a long enough period of time, you should sign up. This will enable you to send wire transfers over the internet in the future.
2. Make a list of the recipients. Once you’ve logged in, you should select “Transfer and Pay” and then “Wire Money,” respectively. You should include information about the recipient, such as the following:
The recipient’s name and address.
The name, address, and country of the recipient’s bank.
The bank’s routing number.
The bank’s Swift Code/BIC. This is an 8 or 11-digit code.
3. Money should be sent. You should include the amount you wish to send as well as the account number of the person who will receive the money. The International Bank Account Number will be required if you are sending money outside of the United States (IBAN).
It is necessary to send the money before 4:30 p.m. Central Time if you want it to arrive on the same day (CT). This is the deadline for sending outgoing wire transfers on both a domestic and international level. If you live in the Eastern Time Zone, the deadline is 5:30 p.m. local time. If you have any questions, you should speak with a banking representative.
4. Fees must be paid. Fees for online wire transfers begin at $30. To learn more about your consumer account fees and information schedule, check your consumer account statement or call 1-800-869-3557.
Method 2 Wiring Money in Person
1. Obtain information from the person who will be receiving it. You will require the following information to ensure that your wire is successfully delivered:
The name and address of the person who will receive the gift.
The name, address, and country of the recipient’s bank.
The Swift Code/BIC of the bank that will be receiving the payment. This information should be provided to you by the recipient.
The FedWire ABA Routing Number is a nine-digit number (domestic wires). This is a nine-digit number, as you can see.
Routing Code for International Travel (international wires).
This is the bank account number or International Bank Account Number of the recipient (IBAN).
2. Make sure you meet the deadline. The deadline must be met if you want your wire transfer to be received on the same day as the request. If you miss the deadline, the wire will be sent on the next business day after you miss it. Take into consideration the following deadlines:
12:00 p.m. (noon) Central Standard Time Wire transfers to Mexico in pesos and wire transfers to Canada in Canadian dollars are available on the same day. If you are in the Eastern Time Zone, you must add one hour to your time (1:00 pm). In the Mountain Time zone (11:00 am), subtract one hour, and in the Pacific Time zone, subtract two hours from the above times (10:00 am).
3:00 p.m. Central Time Tax payments and outgoing international wire transfers made from a consumer account are not considered business transactions.
4:30 p.m. Central Time (CT). Outgoing wire transfers, both domestic and international, as well as outgoing drawdowns
7:00 p.m. Central Time Wire transfers between two Wells Fargo accounts that are completed the same day.
3. Make a pit stop at your bank. Pay a visit to any Wells Fargo branch. Find the Wells Fargo branch that is closest to you at https://www.wellsfargo.com/locator/. Unfortunately, you will have to come in person because Wells Fargo does not accept wire instructions sent via email or fax at this time.
To ensure that you can continue to wire money using your phone in the future, you must complete a Wire Agreement at your local branch. You will also receive an order for your personal identification number (PIN), which will arrive within 10-14 business days of placing the order.
4. Fill out the appropriate paperwork. Inform the bank representative that you wish to wire money to a specific individual. There should be a form for you to fill out in order to proceed. In front of the bank representative, sign your name. Before proceeding with the wire transfer, make sure you understand the fees involved.
Method 3 Receiving a Wire Transfer
1. Please provide the sender with your bank account details. If you want the wire to go through without a hitch, make sure the person who is sending you the money has all of the information they need. Send them the following information:
121000248 is the routing transfer number for wires.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. is the name of the bank.
San Francisco, California 420 Montgomery Street, San Francisco (use this regardless of where your account is located).
WFBIUS6S is the Swift Code for this transaction (for international transfers).
Your account’s title is the name that appears on your statement.
Please provide your complete account number.
2. You will receive your money. It is necessary for incoming wires to be received by 5:30 p.m. Central Time in order to receive money the same day. If the wire arrives later than expected, you will not receive the funds until the following business day.
Time for submissions is 6:30 pm eastern time, 4:30 pm mountain time (for those in the Rocky Mountains), and 3:30 pm Pacific time (for those in the Pacific Time Zone).
3. You must pay the fee. To receive a wire transfer, you will be required to pay a fee of $15. There may also be additional charges. For more information on fees, call 1-800-869-3557 or speak with a representative from your financial institution.
Creative Commons License