If you want to send money to the Philippines, the variety of options available to you can be perplexing. Once you’ve decided on a provider, the rest of the process is straightforward, and your funds should be on their way. Depending on your preferences, you can transfer your money in a variety of ways. Remember to factor in important factors such as potential fees and the length of time it takes to transfer your money.
Method 1 Choosing Your Money Transfer Service
1. Find out more about international money transfers. Unfortunately, for a variety of legal reasons, it is difficult to send money to the Philippines and have it converted quickly. Instead, a third-party company will handle the transfer on your behalf. They will send the money by cash, bank transfer, or online transaction.
Each money transfer service has its own set of fees and procedures for getting your money transferred. Before making a decision, it is a good idea to compare several different services.
2. The most convenient method is to use PayPal. If you know the email address of the person in the Philippines to whom you want to send money, you can enter it into the Paypal app or website. The funds can then be transferred there and then.
Paypal was designed primarily for local bank transfers. International conversion rates and fees may result in less money reaching the intended recipient than you anticipate.
3. Payoneer can be used to pay employees in other countries. Payoneer, as opposed to Paypal, specialises in sending money to your employees. While other companies charge different rates depending on the country to which the money is being sent, Payoneer charges a flat rate for all international transfers. As a result, it is ideal for medium-sized businesses.
4. Use Western Union to send money from the United States at a low cost. If you live in the United States, Western Union can help you send money to the Philippines at a low cost. It usually takes a few minutes for the money to be transferred via online transfer. The recipient can also pick it up at their local Western Union kiosk.
If you live in the United Kingdom, you can still use Western Union, but the money will take longer to transfer. Outside of the United States and the United Kingdom, Western Union is not available.
Method 2 Using Paypal to Send Money
1. Create a PayPal account for yourself. Go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/account-selection. You will need to create a Paypal account here. Fill out the information form with your email address and banking information. Once the account has been created, you will receive a confirmation email.
Paypal has made a name for itself as the most convenient way for friends to transfer money.
2. Check the status of your account. If you’ve never sent or received money through Paypal before, you’ll need to confirm that your banking information is correct. Paypal will deposit a small amount of money into your bank account after you enter your banking information. Confirm that you have received the funds. The deposit will be accompanied by a reference code. Take note of this. In order to confirm that you are the account holder, enter this reference code into your Paypal account.
3. Obtain the recipient’s email address. To send money via PayPal, you must first know the recipient’s email address. To receive anything, they will need a PayPal account. You’ll be able to send them money once they give you the email address associated with their account.
4. Send the funds via PayPal. Go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/account-selection. After you’ve signed in, enter the recipient’s email address. Then, select the amount of money you want to send. Depending on the amount of money transferred, Paypal transaction fees can range from $10 to $40.
To find out which fees apply to you, look at the table at the bottom of this page: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/send-money-to-philippines
When you send money via Paypal, the recipient will be able to withdraw it in pesos.
Method 3 Trying Payoneer to Transfer Money
1. Create a Payoneer account. Go to https://payouts.payoneer.com/partners/or.aspx?pid=YOYIZC74IO2s4KZQp7tgsw percent 3d percent 3d&langid=1&locale=en. You will be asked to enter basic information such as your name, email address, and birth date. You will also be required to provide your mobile phone number. This is for verification purposes only.
Payoneer is a service similar to PayPal. Payoneer, on the other hand, is geared toward professionals, businesses, and contractors.
2. You can transfer money using a bank or a pre-paid MasterCard. After providing the necessary information, you must choose your method of money transfer. Unless you know for certain that the recipient has a MasterCard, a bank transfer is the best option.
Whichever option you choose, you’ll need to enter these bank details in order to send and receive money.
3. Enter the verification code that was sent to your phone. You’ll be prompted to enter a verification number in a box. After that, Payoneer will send you a text message. It could take a few moments to arrive. When it does, the text will include a number. Enter this in the box that asks for a verification number.
4. Allow Payoneer to approve your account first. You must now wait for Payoneer staff to review and approve your account. Depending on how busy they are, this could take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. They will send you a confirmation email once your account has been approved.
5. Choose ‘Make a Payment’ and enter the recipient’s information. Once you’ve logged in to your new account, go to the top of the page and click ‘Make a Payment.’ Fill in the recipient’s information. If they have a Payoneer account, you can send it directly to them using their email address. Enter their account number and sort code if you have their banking information.
6. Choose the amount of money you want to send and complete the transaction. You will then be asked to enter the amount of money you wish to send. Payoneer will charge a 3% fee on all digital money transfers sent abroad. This fee remains constant regardless of the country to which you are sending it.
The recipient will then be able to withdraw the funds from their Payoneer accounts or from their bank accounts.
Method 4 Using Western Union to Transfer Money
1. Open a Western Union account. Western Union is a company based in the United States that specialises in international transfers. It’s a less expensive option, but it’s slower than Paypal or Payoneer. To begin the process of sending money through Western Union, go to https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/send-money/app/register.
2. To create an account, enter the necessary information. Prepare to enter basic information such as your name, address, birth date, and email address. Your phone number will also be requested on this page. This is strictly for verification purposes.
3. Enter the verification code. A text message will be sent to your phone once you have completed the first page of basic information. An important verification number will be included in the message. Enter this number into the website again so that Western Union can confirm that the person who signed up for the account was you.
4. Fill in your financial information. Western Union’s primary business is bank transfers. You must have a bank account to send money from in order to use the service. This will typically include your account number and sort code. You’re ready to send money once your financial information has been entered and accepted.
5. Choose between a bank transfer and a cash pickup. After you’ve created your account, go to the following website: https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/send-money/app/start. Click the American flag at the top of the page and then select ‘Philippines.’ Then, enter the amount you want to send. It will display a direct conversion. You must choose whether to send the money to a bank account or to a cash pickup location below.
A bank account transfer enables the recipient to access their bank account and withdraw the funds. This method can take 2-4 business days to complete.
A physical cash pickup is a completely different storey. Western Union has a number of pick-up locations throughout the Philippines. Choose a location that is the most convenient for your intended recipient. Western Union will send the money in pesos to the location for your recipient to physically pick up in cash. Depending on how you pay, this method can be instant or take several business days.
6. Select how you want to pay for a bank transfer. If you’re sending money to a bank account, you can do so with a debit or credit card, which takes 0-2 business days and costs $5. You can also pay with a bank account, which takes 4-5 business days but incurs no additional fees.
7. Determine how to pay for a physical cash pickup. For $7, you can instantly send money to a pickup location using a credit or debit card. You can also send the money through a bank account for a $4 fee. You can also go to a Western Union retail store in your country and pay the money there. This is a one-time transfer that costs $5.
Creative Commons License