This ementes teaches you how to read MOBI-format ebooks on an iPhone or iPad using Kindle or MOBI Reader.
Method 1 Using the Kindle App
1. Send the MOBI file to yourself via email. The Kindle app only shows MOBI books that you have purchased through the app. You can still open the file if you download it as an email attachment. To learn how to send the attachment, go to Email Files.
2. On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Mail app. It’s the blue and white envelope icon that’s usually at the bottom of the screen.
If you use a different email app, open it instead.
3. Tap the message that has the MOBI file attached to it. The message’s contents will be displayed.
4. Tap the Download button. It is located at the bottom of the message. The text “Tap to Download” will be replaced by a Kindle icon.
5. Select the Kindle icon. It’s right where the “Tap to Download” button used to be. There will be a menu appear.
6. Select Copy to Kindle. This option may be found by swiping across the icons at the top of the menu. This will launch the Kindle app and open the MOBI file.
Method 2 Using MOBI Reader
1. Open the App Store. You’ll usually find this app on the home screen.
2. Tap Search. It’s at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Type mobi reader into the search bar. A list of results will appear.
4. Tap GET on “MOBI Reader.” It’s the app with the blue icon that says “MOBI” above an open book.
5. Tap Install. MOBI Reader will now download to your iPhone or iPad.
6. Open MOBI Reader. Tap Open if you’re still in the App Store. Otherwise, on the home screen, tap the blue icon with “MOBI” and an open book.
7. Go to the folder containing the MOBI file. If you got it from a web browser, it’s probably in the Recently Downloaded folder.
If you save the MOBI file to a cloud service, such as Google Drive or Dropbox, you can add those services to MOBI Reader. Tap the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the screen, then choose your cloud service and follow the on-screen instructions to access the file.
8. Select the MOBI file. This opens the file in the MOBI Reader app for reading.
If the MOBI file is stored in the cloud, it may take a few moments to download before it can be opened.
Creative Commons License