This ementes teaches you how to use the free SAP Crystal Reports Viewer to view a Crystal Reports.rpt file on a Mac or PC.
1. Go to http://www.crystalreports.com/crystal-viewer/ in a web browser. This is the download site for SAP Crystal Reports Viewer, a free applications for Windows and macOS that can open .rpt files.
If you’re using a Mac, you’ll need to install Legacy Java Runtime 6 before you can install the Crystal Reports viewer. You can get it for free from https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US.
2. Save the installation archive to your computer.
Fill out the form (name, country, version, and mailing list preferences) to begin the download, then click Free Download.
Select your operating system and then click the Installation Package link.
Make a copy of the file and save it to your computer.
3. Download and instal SAP Crystal Reports Viewer. The downloaded file is a compressed (zip) file, so unzip it into a folder before opening the Data Units folder, which contains the Windows and macOS installers.
Windows: To finish the installation, double-click CRRViewer.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
macOS: Double-click Crystal Reports 2016 Viewer.dmg, drag the icon to the Applications folder, and then follow the on-screen installation instructions.
4. Launch the SAP Crystal Reports 2016 Viewer. In Windows, it’s in the All Apps section of the Start menu, and in macOS, it’s in the Applications folder.
5. Click I Agree. You’ll only have to do this the first time you run the application.
6. Click the Browse for report button. It is located under the “Open” header. This launches the file browser on your computer.
7. Open the folder that contains the .rpt file.
8. Click the .rpt file to select it.
9. Click Open. This opens the .rpt file in the viewer.
Creative Commons License