It is possible to listen to a WhatsApp OPUS file on your Windows or macOS computer using the instructions in this ementes. Installing VLC Player, which supports OPUS and many other audio formats, is the quickest and most straightforward method of accomplishing this.
Method 1 Windows
1. Download and instal the VLC Media Player for Windows. VLC Media Player is a well-known free application that supports a wide range of audio and video formats.
Open a web browser and navigate to https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html.
Click on the Download VLC button and wait for the download to begin automatically.
If you are prompted, choose Save File or Download to save the installer to your computer.
To begin the installation process, double-click the file you just downloaded. It is possible that you will need to click Yes or Allow in order to begin the process.
Installing VLC Player is as simple as following the on-screen instructions.
2. Press ⊞ Win+E to open the File Explorer. A list of files and drives on your computer will appear.
3. Open the folder that contains the OPUS file. It’s the file that ends with .opus.
4. Right-click the file. A context menu will expand.
5. To use the VLC media player, select Play with VLC media player. It should be prominently displayed near the top of the menu. This opens the file in VLC media player. You are now able to listen to the audio file.
If you don’t see this option, select VLC Media Player from the Open With drop-down menu.
Method 2 macOS
1. Install the VLC Media Player for Mac OS X. VLC Media Player is a well-known free application that supports a wide range of audio and video formats.
Open a web browser and navigate to https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html.
To download VLC, click on the orange Download VLC button. Hopefully, the download will begin automatically on its own.
As soon as you are prompted, save the file to a convenient location on your computer.
The file you just downloaded (whose name begins with “vlc” and ends with “.dmg”) should be opened by double-clicking it. A window with icons will appear on the screen.
Drag the VLC icon (which looks like an orange cone) to the Applications folder icon on your desktop. This completes the installation of the application.
2. Open the folder that contains the OPUS file and double-click on it. This can be accomplished by selecting the Finder icon in the Dock and then browsing to the folder you want to open.
3. Open VLC Player on your Mac. It’s in the Applications folder.
4. Drag and drop the OPUS file into the VLC Player. Using this method, the file is automatically imported into VLC, where it should begin playing automatically.
It is necessary to click the play button (a triangle) beneath the preview if the file does not begin playing.
Creative Commons License