How to download Microsoft Outlook on a Windows or Mac computer, as well as your Android, iPhone, or iPad is covered in this ementes. It’s possible to use the Outlook web version and mobile apps without having a Microsoft 365 account, but you’ll need to subscribe to a Microsoft 365 account in order to be able to download the Outlook app on your computer.
Method 1 Subscribing to Microsoft 365 and Downloading on a Computer
1. To subscribe to Microsoft 365, go to the Microsoft 365 subscription page. 365 requires that you purchase a subscription in order to download a version of Outlook from the cloud.
The web-based version of Outlook is available for free if you do not wish to pay a subscription fee.
2. Sign in (if prompted). Use your Microsoft information to log in.
3. Continue or Upgrade the subscription you want by selecting it from the drop-down menu. You can sign up for Microsoft 365 Personal for $6.99/month, which provides access to one account, or for Microsoft 365 Family for $9.99/month, which provides access to up to six accounts.
4. You can change your payment method by selecting it from the drop-down menu. Make sure the box next to “I want to receive promotional emails from Microsoft” is checked if you want to receive them. If you leave it unchecked, you will not receive those emails.
5. To become a subscriber, click here. The subscription fee will be automatically charged to the payment method you selected in the previous steps, and you will be redirected to your Microsoft account.
6. Select the Installs tab from the drop-down menu. In the middle of your web browser’s horizontal menu bar, next to Overview and Manage, you’ll find this option as well.
As soon as you complete the subscription process, you will be redirected to your Microsoft account. You can also visit https://account.microsoft.com/ for more information.
7. Install Office can be done by clicking on the Install Office button. To instal Outlook, you’ll need to download the entire Office package from Microsoft.
Your file manager will be launched, and you will be able to select where you want to save the installer file. After it has finished downloading, double-click the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Microsoft Office. Depending on your internet connection speed, this could take some time.
You can enter your mobile number if you want to receive a text message with a link to download the Office mobile apps.
8. Outlook can be found in the Applications folder on a Mac or the Start menu on a Windows computer. After the download is complete, you’ll be able to access Outlook from either of these locations.
Method 2 Downloading the Mobile App
1. Open the Google Play Store (for Android devices) or the Apple App Store (for iOS devices) (iPhones or iPads). In either of these stores, you can find the icon for it in your app drawer, on one of your Home screens, or by searching for it.
If you have a mobile device, you can download the Outlook app for free; you do not need to have a subscription to do so.
2. Look for the word “Outlook.” If you’re using the Google Play Store, the search bar is located at the top of your screen, and if you’re using the App Store, the search bar is located in a tab at the bottom of your screen.
3. Select the search result that lists “Microsoft Corporation” as the developer from the list that appears. This will be displayed next to a blue icon of a piece of paper half-out of an envelope, which will be displayed next to the letter “o.”
4. Select Install (Google Play Store) or Get (Apple App Store) (App Store). Because the app is free, you can use it even if you do not have a Microsoft 365 subscription.
Creative Commons License