As a result, MBR has numerous drawbacks and GPT has numerous advantages. Why not convert an MBR disc to a GPT disc instead?
Limitations of MBR
MBR disks support up to 2TB
Supports only four primary partitions
Advantages of GPT disk
GPT disks support larger than 2TB
GPT disks allow an almost unlimited number of partitions(Windows: 128), as well as unlimited primary partitions
Every partition on GPT disk can has a name which is different from partition label.
Method 1 Convert MBR to GPT with AOMEI Partition Assistant
1. Start AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition and follow the on-screen instructions. Select the data disc (Disk 2) that you want to convert, right-click it, and then select “Convert to GPT Disk” from the drop-down menu that appears.
2. In the pop-up window, click “OK” after confirming the operation.
3. When you return to the main screen, you can see a preview of the conversion. Please click on the “Apply” button on the toolbar to make the change permanent.
Method 2 Convert MBR to GPT with “diskpart.exe”
1. Click “Start”, and input “diskpart” in the searching box.
2. To convert a disc, first type “list disc,” then select the disc you want to convert by typing “select disc x.”
3. To delete all files on your hard drive, type “list partition” into your browser’s address bar. after which you should select all of the existing partitions and delete them all by typing the command “delete partition x.”
4. Input “convert gpt”.
Creative Commons License