Online file hosting and sharing services are provided by 4shared for free. Your files and documents can be uploaded to the site and stored there, after which they can be downloaded to a convenient location elsewhere on the internet. It’s very simple to do!
Part 1 Logging into 4shared
1. Open a web browser on your computer. By double-clicking the icon for your preferred web browser on your computer, it will be launched.
2. Go to 4shared. On the address bar, type http://www.4shared.com/, and press Enter.
3. Please log in. To log in, go to the upper right-hand corner of the page and click on the “Log In” button. To proceed, enter your 4shared email address and password in the appropriate fields, then click the “Log In” button.
4. Navigate to My 4shared. The landing page for 4shared serves as the main folder directory for all of your 4shared files. You can access all of the folders and files that are stored in your 4shared account from this page.
Part 2 Creating a New Folder
1. Navigate to the location where the new folder will be created. Use your mouse to navigate through your four shared folders, clicking on each one until you reach the one in which the new folder will be created. It is possible to create nested or subfolders.
2. Create a new folder in your computer. On the header toolbar, click the “New Folder” button, which is represented by a folder icon. There will be a new folder created.
3. Give the new folder a name. There will be an empty field in the name of the new folder. Fill in the blanks with the name of the folder.
4. Navigate to the newly created folder. To navigate within the folder, click on the folder link. Due to the fact that the folder has only recently been created, it will still be empty.
Part 3 Uploading Files
1. Navigate to the folder where you’ll be storing your files. You can now navigate through your four shared folders by simply clicking on them until you arrive at the folder where you want to upload your files.
2. Start the uploading process. On the header toolbar, click the “Upload” button, which is represented by a cloud icon. The directory of your computer’s files will be displayed.
Instead of uploading individual files, you can upload an entire folder. Click on the downward chevron next to the “Upload” button to bring down a submenu, and then select the “Upload Folder” option from the drop-down menu. The folder directory on your computer will be displayed.
3. Choose from a list of files. Make your way through the files on your computer and select the ones that you want to upload. Holding down the CTRL key while selecting multiple files allows you to select multiple files at the same time.
4. Upload the files to your computer. To begin uploading the selected files, click the “Open” button on the toolbar. The progress of the upload can be seen on the progress bar at the bottom of the page.
5. Take a look at the files that have been uploaded. Once the upload is complete, you will be able to access your files in the 4shared folder that you designated during the process.
Part 4 Downloading Files
1. Navigate to the location where the download will take place. Navigate through your 4shared folders by clicking on them until you reach the folder containing the files you want to download and click on them to start the download.
2. Choose from a list of files. To select files and folders, select them by clicking on the check boxes next to them. You have the option of selecting as many as you want.
3. Start the download process. On the header toolbar, click the “Download” button, which is represented by a cloud icon. If you download multiple files, they will be combined into a single B1 file if you do not specify otherwise.
A B1 file is a type of open archive file format, similar to that of a zip file. The B1 file will be created in the background and will be placed in your main 4shared folder after it has been downloaded.
If you are downloading a single file, it will not be compressed into a B1 file as it would be if you were downloading multiple files. It will be downloaded in its current state.
4. Go to the download page by clicking here. Direct downloads of files stored in 4shared are not possible from your account. Each file will have a unique download page dedicated to it. Choose the B1 file that was created in Step 3 from the drop-down menu and click the “Download” button on the header toolbar. You will be redirected to the file’s download page after clicking on the link.
5. Download the file to your computer. When you arrive at the file’s download page, click on the “Download” button. It’s possible that you’ll have to wait a few seconds before the actual download link appears. Once it does, simply click on it and your download will begin immediately.
6. View the downloaded file. The file will be downloaded to your computer, into your default Downloads folder.
If it’s a B1 file, you have to extract it first in order to get the files inside.
Creative Commons License