It is explained in this emindsca how to completely uninstall Unity and its companion Unity Hub from your Windows PC. You’ll need to use the Unity Hub app to first delete any existing Unity installations on your computer before being able to uninstall the Unity Hub itself.
1. Launch the Unity Hub application. This can be accomplished by pressing the Windows key, typing unity into the search bar, and then selecting Unity Hub from the search results.
If you don’t uninstall Unity through the Unity Hub, you’ll encounter errors when attempting to uninstall the software from your computer. The same holds true for attempting to uninstall Unity Hub without first uninstalling the versions of Unity that have been installed.
2. Select the Installs tab from the drop-down menu. It can be found in the left-hand panel of the Unity Hub. A list of all of your Unity installations will be displayed.
3. Uninstall Unity by selecting it from the three vertical dots on the Unity installation screen. A confirmation message will be displayed.
It’s necessary to repeat this process for each version of Unity listed on the Installs tab if you have multiple versions of Unity listed on the tab.
4. To confirm the uninstallation, click the Uninstall button. The selected version of Unity has been removed from the list.
Continue until you have completely uninstalled all versions of Unity from the tab in question.
5. Unity Hub should be closed down. Closing Unity Hub by pressing the X button will not solve the problem. For Unity Hub to be closed, select Quit Unity Hub from its icon in the taskbar near the system clock (usually located at the bottom-right corner of the screen) and then click OK.
You may not be able to see the three-arrow icon for Unity Hub near the clock if you do not have a mouse pointer over the up-arrow to the left of the icons in that area to expand those that are hidden.
6. Open your Windows Settings. It’s the gear icon in the Windows menu.
7. Click Apps. This opens additional settings.
8. In the right-hand panel, select Unity Hub. Because the apps are listed in alphabetical order, you’ll most likely have to scroll down to find it. The Unity Hub tile will be expanded by clicking on two buttons.
9. Click Uninstall. A confirmation message will appear.
10. Click Uninstall to confirm. This will open the Unity Hub Uninstall utility.
11. On the Unity Hub Uninstall utility, select Uninstall from the drop-down menu. A confirmation message will appear after the Unity Hub has been removed. To close the installer, select Finish from the drop-down menu.
Creative Commons License