Do you want to uninstall an app from BlueStacks? This can be accomplished in two ways: through the use of BlueStacks Settings or through the use of Advanced Settings, both of which are simple to complete. This article will walk you through the process of uninstalling apps from BlueStacks.
Method 1 Using BlueStacks Settings
1. Start BlueStacks by pressing the “Start” button. Open any app from the apps folder in the Library or from the BlueStacks icon in the dock to begin using BlueStacks.
2. Go to the BlueStacks Settings menu. The App Drawer can be accessed by selecting All Apps from the top-right corner of the screen. To access the settings menu, select BlueStacks Settings (the wrench icon) from the main menu.
3. Select Manage Applications to see a list of the apps that have been installed. The menu will display all of the apps that have been installed and will allow you to:
Choose App Size: The size of the application can be changed using this option. Tablet and default BlueStacks applications have different sizes, as does the app size. To change the size of the app, select one of the options.
Delete applications: This will start the uninstalling process for the application once it has been selected from the list.
4. To uninstall the application, select the Delete option (trash icon) from the menu bar. Select the trash icon in the row of the app you wish to uninstall from the list of available options.
5. Make a decision and then confirm it. The app will be uninstalled, and a confirmation box will appear, asking you to confirm your decision. Select Continue with the uninstalling of the application.
6. Wait until a horizontal red line appears across the top of the app’s title. An indicator of successful uninstalling of the app appears on the app’s name as soon as it is uninstalled: a red horizontal line appears on the app’s name, indicating that the app has been successfully uninstalled. In addition, a pop-up balloon appears on the task bar, informing the user that the app has been uninstalled from the computer.
Method 2 Using Advanced Settings
1. Go to the BlueStacks Settings menu. To access the BlueStacks Settings menu, open the app drawer and select BlueStacks Settings (the wrench icon).
2. Advanced Options can be found in the drop-down menu. To access the Android settings, go to the bottom of the menu and select Advanced Settings (a wrench icon that looks similar to the BlueStacks Settings icon).
3. Apps can be found under the Advanced Settings menu. This option can be found in the ‘Devices’ section of the menu structure.
4. Choose the app that you want to uninstall from the ‘Downloaded’ section of the app list. When you choose ‘Apps’ from the menu, a new window appears, which sorts the apps according to whether they are downloaded, whether they are running, and whether they are stored on the SD card. Move the cursor over the ‘Downloaded’ category to find the app you want to uninstall, and then tap it to remove it.
5. To begin the uninstalling process, click on the Uninstall button. The uninstall button is located at the top-right corner of the screen, just below the app’s name.
6. Make a decision and then confirm it. As soon as you select the ‘Uninstall’ option, a dialogue box will appear asking you if you want to “remove this application from your computer.” To uninstall the application, select OK.
Creative Commons License