Rooting your Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 tablet will allow you to instal custom ROMs, increase battery life, free up memory, and improve the overall functionality of your device. Rooting your tablet is simple and requires no technical knowledge. The Acer Iconia A1-810 tablet can be rooted at any time by using the Framaroot application on a smartphone or tablet.
1. Back up all of your personal information from your tablet to a secure storage location on your computer. When you root your tablet, all of your personal data will be deleted from the device.
It allows you to sync information with Google’s servers, copy files between your tablet and computer, and save all of your data to a third-party cloud storage service available through the Google Play Store.
2. Check to see that your Acer tablet’s battery life is at least 80 percent charged before using it. This will help to prevent your tablet from shutting down unexpectedly and causing data loss while the rooting process is taking place.
3. Click on the following link to download the Framaroot .apk file to your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1952450&d=1368232060. The Framaroot app is not available from Google Play Store.
4. Tap on “Menu” and select “Settings” on your Acer Iconia tablet.
5. Tap on “Security,” then tap on “Device Administration.”
6. Select “Unknown sources” and put a checkmark next to it. By configuring your tablet in this manner, you will be able to successfully complete the rooting process.
7. Open any file manager on your tablet and navigate to the folder in which you saved the Framaroot.apk file and tap on it to instal it.
Start by going to the Google Play Store and downloading the file manager app of your choice, such as Solid Explorer, ES File Explorer, or AntTek Explorer, if you do not already have one installed on your device.
8. Tap on the .apk file, then tap on “Install.” Your tablet will begin the installation process.
9. Tap on “Open” after Framaroot has completed installation. The Framaroot app will launch.
10. Tap on “Install SuperSU” or “Install superuser” from the dropdown menu in Framaroot.
11. From the list of exploits displayed on-screen, select “Boromir,” “Faramir,” or “Barahir” to begin the game. If your selection results in a “failed” popup message, try selecting another exploit until you find one that results in a “success” popup message, then repeat the process. The rooting procedure will be initiated on your tablet.
12. Tap on “OK” after your tablet has completed the rooting process, then restart your Acer A1-810 at the prompt.
13. Verify that “SuperSU” displays in your App folder. Your tablet is now rooted and ready for use.
Creative Commons License