If you are experiencing problems with your ZTE Tracfone, such as freezing or hiccups, performing a factory reset may be the solution to your problem. Resetting will restore all settings to their original state, as if the device had just been taken out of the factory. All internal configurations will be reset to their default values. As if you were using a brand new ZTE Tracfone for the first time. Please keep in mind that resetting your computer will erase all of your data and files. To find out how to reset your ZTE Tracfone, go to step 1 in the instructions below.
1. Turn off your ZTE Tracfone by pressing the power button. Continue to hold down the Power button until the screen turns off.
At the top right of the phone, you’ll find the Power button.
2. To access the Android Recovery menu, press. Press and hold the Volume Up (left button on the phone), the Power button, and the Menu button for a few seconds to bring up the menu (located at the bottom-right face of the unit).
Continue to hold down the buttons until you see the Android Recovery menu appear on the screen.
3. Scroll down to the section labelled “Wipe data/Factory reset.” To access this option, hold down the Volume Down button until the words “Wipe data/Factory reset” appear on the screen.
4. Choose “Wipe data/Reset to factory settings.” Click the Back button after selecting “Wipe data/Factory reset” to proceed to selecting the option.
The Back button is located at the bottom-left corner of the phone’s screen.
5. Wait for the wiping process to be completed. As soon as you press the Back button, the phone will begin the wiping process, and it will then reboot itself automatically.
Creative Commons License