Every time you use your HDFC credit card, you earn points that can be redeemed for merchandise or e-vouchers at the end of the month. When you’re ready to redeem your points, go to the HDFC website and follow the instructions to complete the process online or by mail. If you want to redeem your HDFC rewards points online, you’ll need a NetBanking account; however, if you don’t have one, you can redeem them through the mail instead.
Method 1 Selecting Rewards Online
1. If you do not already have a NetBanking account, you should open one. Register online by going to the NetBanking page and clicking “Register Online.” The website will generate an IPIN (password) for your account that will only be used once. Log in to NetBanking with this IPIN, and then enter your account information as well as the IPIN you wish to use to access your account. This will result in the creation of your new account.
Make your IPIN one-of-a-kind to make it more difficult to hack into your account.
2. Log in to your HDFC NetBanking account using your ID and IPIN to complete the transaction. When you arrive at the HDFC homepage, click on the drop-down menu next to the “log in” button and select “NetBanking.” Afterwards, click on “log in” to be taken to the NetBanking login page. Enter your customer or user ID in the appropriate field and click “continue.” After that, simply enter your IPIN as your password and click “continue” to complete the registration process.
You can access NetBanking here: https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/?_ga=2.239101259.990800418.1567012597-1435943200.1567012597
Your IPIN is the password your created when you set up your NetBanking account.
3. Located at the top of the website, select the “Credit Cards” option. Along the top of the website, you’ll see a taskbar with various options for managing your account. To access your credit card options, click on the “Credit Cards” tab on the left-hand menu.
If you haven’t registered your card before, you may not see any credit card options until after you’ve entered the information for your credit card.
4. If you haven’t already done so, you should register your credit card. Then, on the left-hand taskbar, select “Register New Card.” After that, enter your credit card information as well as your 4-digit credit card PIN number. If you want to return to the credit card page, simply click “continue.”
If you have already added this card to your account, you can skip this step.
5. Choose the credit card from which you want to redeem the points you have accrued. After clicking on the “Credit Cards” tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the card that has points. If you only have one card, this may be the only card listed on the page if you only have that one card. Simply clicking on the card number will bring up a list of your available options.
To make things easier, you can register all of your HDFC cards under the same NetBanking account.
6. Select “Redeem Reward Points” from the drop-down menu under “Online Redemption.” On the left-hand side of your screen, you’ll see a menu. Click on the “Online Redemption” option with your cursor to bring up a new menu of options. Click on the “Redeem Reward Points” option in the newly created menu. This will display the number of points you have available.
Keeping track of how many points you have will allow you to narrow down your choices to items that you can afford.
7. Decide on your point range and the item category you’d like to browse before starting. Scroll down to the catalogue menu and look for the box labelled “Points Range” at the bottom. To redeem your points, enter the number of points you have available. Then look for the “Category” box and select the type of item you want to purchase with your points.
For example, you might enter 2001-5000 in the points range box and the word “appliances” in the “Category” box to search for appliances.
8. Add the items to your shopping cart that you want to purchase. Look through the catalogue to see what items are available for redemption. Scroll down for more information. When you find an item you like, simply click on the “Add to Cart” button to purchase it. This will add the item to your digital shopping cart, where it can be redeemed.
Before you complete your transaction, you will have the opportunity to make changes to your card. The act of clicking on the item does not result in the redemption of your points.
9. To review and make changes to your selection, click on “View Shopping Cart.” Upon clicking this, you will be presented with a list of the items you have placed in your cart. Check that the products in your cart are the ones you want, and make any necessary adjustments to the quantity. Please double-check your shipping address, as well.
By selecting “remove,” you can get rid of things you don’t want anymore. If you require more than one of a particular item, increase the quantity.
Always remember that HDFC will send your items to the address that is on file with them. Changing your mailing address with the bank before redeeming your points will be necessary if you want to have your items shipped to a different address.
10. Accept the “Terms and Conditions” in order to proceed to the checkout. You will be unable to complete your transaction unless you have read and understood the terms and conditions. Take time to read the bank’s statement and then check the box indicating that you agree with the terms.
You will not be able to redeem your points unless you have agreed to the terms and conditions, which can be done online or through the mail. This authorises HDFC to deduct your points and, if applicable, charge you for shipping and handling fees and charges.
11. When you’re finished shopping, click the “Redeem” button to complete your purchase. You can complete your transaction by clicking on the “Redeem” button at the bottom of the screen when you are ready to do so. This will bring your order to a close. Make a note of or save the Redemption Order Number that you are assigned.
After you have completed the points redemption process, you should expect your items to arrive within 10 to 15 days.
Method 2 Claiming Rewards by Mail
1. Check your most recent billing statement to see how many points you have left. Your rewards points are listed on your billing statement each month, so check your most recent billing statement to see how many points you have accrued so far. It is not recommended that you attempt to claim more points than you have available because your redemption form will be rejected.
Pay attention to the paper statements that you receive in the mail. If you prefer not to receive paper statements, you can access your statements online.
2. Select the items you desire from the rewards catalogue. Obtain access to the digital rewards catalogue, which is accessible through the HDFC website. Then, browse through the catalogue to find items that you like that are within your point budget. Make a note of the item code for the item you want to purchase so that you can enter it on your order form.
Because each HDFC card accumulates points in a different way, the number of points you require will vary depending on which card you have. You can find a key on each page of the catalogue that tells you which point level you need to purchase.
3. Block letters should be used to fill out a “Redemption Form.” Enter the product code, the product name, and the quantity you want to order in the fields provided. If you want to take advantage of the fasttrack options, you must specify how much money will be deducted from your credit card. After that, enter the name of the credit cardholder as well as the card number. Finally, sign and date the form to indicate that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
Because of this, if the product code is entered incorrectly, HDFC will choose an item that is the closest match to that which you entered in the “Product Name” box on the form.
4. Send your completed form to the address on the form that is listed as the redemption address. Fold the form in half and place it in an envelope for safekeeping. The envelope should be sealed and addressed to the HDFC rewards helpdesk. Finally, make sure you use the proper postage and mail the form.
As of August 2019, the address to claim a reward is as follows:
HDFC Bank Cards Division
P.O. Box No. 8654
Thiruvanmiyur, P.O. Chennai-600 041
5. If you live in the area, you can drop your form off at a local branch. Visit your local HDFC branch and drop your redemption form into the Credit Card Dropbox if you are aware that you are in the neighbourhood. Make sure your name and address are clearly printed on the envelope so that they know who is sending it.
Find a branch location near you by visiting https://www.hdfc.com/branch-locator.
6. After HDFC receives your form, you should expect your items to arrive within 10-15 days. After receiving your completed form in the mail, HDFC will process your request and ship your items to you. This usually takes between 1.5 and 2 weeks. Please keep an eye out for your items as they will be delivered to the billing address that you have on file with HDFC.
Creative Commons License