Do you have items in your home that you don’t want to use but that could be useful to someone else? The process of selling on the Facebook Marketplace is simple, and you can complete it without ever leaving your home. Listing unwanted items on Craigslist is a great way to free up space in your home for new items, while also allowing others to shop at a reasonable cost. It is possible to sell on Facebook Marketplace with a single click of a button.
1. Take photographs of the object. Move the item around to get a variety of perspectives. Make certain that you have good lighting and that you can clearly capture all of the details that are relevant to potential purchasers. Make sure your camera’s lens is clean and that the photos are clear before you start shooting.
2. On your iPhone, launch the Facebook application. It’s the blue icon with a white “f” in the middle of the circle. You can find it on your home screen or in the App Library, under the “Social” category, whichever is more convenient for you.
3. Tap the menu ☰. It’s the three horizontal lines at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
4. Scroll down and select Marketplace from the drop-down menu. It is the representation of a blue storefront. If you don’t see it, tap See More to bring up a list of additional options.
5. Items can be selected from the “Sell” drop-down menu. To access the Items option, go to the “Sell” menu at the top of the screen and select it. You are now able to create your first listing.
6. To include photos with your advertisement, select +Add Photos from the drop-down menu. Choose between one and ten photographs of the product to provide potential buyers with a clear understanding of what is being offered for sale. The first photo will be the one that potential buyers see when they visit the website. After you’ve selected your photos, tap Done in the top-right corner to attach them to your document.
If you are asked to grant access to your photos, select Allow Access to All Photos from the drop-down menu that appears.
Make certain that you have a sufficient number of angles and perspectives of the product..
7. Fill in the blanks with a catchy title for this item. Choose something that will entice viewers to look at the item more closely. The title should be at least three words in length.
8. Enter the price of your item in the appropriate field. If the item is no longer available, enter a zero. Otherwise, fill in the Price blank with a reasonable amount. If you’re not sure how to price it, you might want to look at similar items in the marketplace to get some inspiration.
If you price the item a little higher than you expect to receive, you will give yourself some wiggle room for bargaining.
9. Choose a category from the drop-down menu. Select the Category option from the drop-down menu that best describes your product. This increases the likelihood that people searching through the selected category will come across your item.
10. Select the condition that you want. Be forthright in describing the situation. Even if the item has been previously owned, you have the option to select whether it is in Like New, Good, or Fair condition. It is best not to sell items in poor condition.
11. Fill in the blanks with a description. Give a detailed description of the item, including information such as the brand, make, model, colour, material, and anything else that may be relevant to the item. Make a note of any flaws in the description and include them in the listing.
You also have the option of adding product tags to your item to make it more visible in search results for more people. List up to twenty keywords that people might use to find the item you’re selling on a search engine.
12. You can choose whether or not to keep the listing hidden from your friends. If you don’t want your Facebook friends to know that you’re selling something, move the slider under “Hide from friends” to the “On” position by tapping it. If not, leave it off to give your friends a chance to purchase something.
13. Continue by scrolling down and tapping Next. If you do not see this option at the bottom of the page, it is possible that you have left something blank that should not have been.
14. Select local groups in which to advertise your product (optional). Choose one or more local buy and sell groups from the list to increase your chances of obtaining a sale as much as possible.
15. To publish your item, click the Publish button. As soon as your item has been posted, it will appear in the appropriate category and be visible to people who are looking for similar items. Congratulations! You have successfully launched your product on the local market.
You can make changes to your item by going back to Marketplace, tapping You in the top-left corner, and then selecting Your Listings (if necessary). To edit the listing, select Edit Listing from the three dots in the top-right corner of the listing and make the necessary changes. When you’re finished, hit the Save button.
Creative Commons License