This ementes teaches you how to type multiple lines in a Slack message by using line breaks.
1. Launch Slack on your computer or Mac. For those who already have the Slack desktop application, you can find it in the Applications folder (on Mac OS) or the Windows start screen (Windows). The web-based version of Slack can be accessed by logging in to your team at https://slack.com/signin.
2. Click a channel or direct message. They appear in the left column.
3. Fill in the blanks with the first line of your message. To begin typing, click on the chat box at the bottom of the window, which will appear.
4. Press ⇧ Shift+↵ Enter (PC) or ⇧ Shift+⏎ Return (macOS). This adds a line break, which means the cursor will move to the next line.
5. Type the second line of your message. When you’re finished, you can use ⇧ Shift+⏎ Return again to get started on another line. Keep typing lines and then adding line breaks until you’re finished composing the message.
6. Press ↵ Enter or ⏎ Return. Your multi-line message now appears in the channel or direct message.
Creative Commons License