Chkdsk appears in the start-up menu, and you want to turn off the service. Simply follow these simple steps to accomplish your goal:
Method 1 Using Command Prompt
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click the “‘Run button.
3. Type cmd
4. Type “chkntfs /x c:” in the command prompt. This way, you won’t see it every time you start up your computer.
Method 2 Changing Boot Execute
1. Click on Start, Run and type in regedit.
2. Navigate to the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
3. Change Boot Execute to autocheck auto check *
4. Exit your registry.
5. Restart to make sure that there is no chkdsk at your computer.
Creative Commons License