Having your own home theatre means you’ve got a fantastic display and audio setup in place for all of your favourite movies and shows. If you use your computer to play games, stream movies, or listen to music, then connecting your computer to your home theatre is highly recommended for your enjoyment. The ability to access media content on your computer will be replaced by the ability to experience that content on a large screen with excellent sound.
Method 1 Using an HDMI Cable
1. Make a purchase of an HDMI cable. Inspect the length to ensure that it is adequate; 4.5 metres (14.8 ft) should suffice.
2. Connect the cable to the computer using the appropriate connector. For desktop computers, the HDMI port is located behind the CPU; for laptop computers, the HDMI port is typically located around the sides of the unit.
3. Connect the cable to the TV using the provided connectors. The HDMI port should be located at the back of the television. Connect it to the first HDMI port on your television.
4. Check to see that everything is turned on, and change the TV channel to HDMI. If everything goes as planned, your TV should display the computer’s desktop and you will be able to use it as a monitor to watch movies and videos.
Method 2 Using a WHDI Kit
1. Purchase a WHDI installation kit. This will enable wireless display streaming between your PC and your TV at a resolution of 1080p as a result of the configuration.
2. Connect the transmitter to your computer via a USB cable. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your PC and the other end to the transmitter to use it.
Some kits only include a USB dongle that serves as a transmitter. Some have small boxes that necessitate the use of additional electricity.
3. Connect the power adapter to the wall outlet. Connect one end of the cable to the transmitter and the other end to a wall outlet (the end that fits into the wall socket).
4. Carry out the same procedure for the receiver. Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back of your television this time.
5. Turn all the devices on. Switch the source of the TV to the HDMI channel.
6. Test out the connection. Load and view movies and videos through your TV with your PC.
Creative Commons License