You will learn how to connect a PS4 controller to a PlayStation 5 in this emindsca. You can only use the PlayStation 4 pad to play PlayStation 4 games on the PlayStation 5, which means you cannot use your Dualshock 4 to play any PlayStation 5 games. In order to play any PS5 games, you’ll need to purchase the PS5 controller, which is compatible with the newer system’s sensors and features.
Method 1 Connecting with a Cable
1. Connect your PlayStation 4 controller to your PlayStation 5 console. To charge your PS4 controller, use the charging cable that came with it (it’s a micro-USB connection, which can be found at any electronics retailer such as Best Buy or Amazon). The charging cables that come with PS5 controllers are different from those that come with PS4 controllers (they are USB-C cables, which will not fit into the USB ports on PS4 controllers).
2. Select the profile to which you want to assign the controller by clicking on the drop-down menu. All of the profiles that have been logged into the system will be displayed on your PlayStation 5. Click on the x button after selecting the profile you’d like to work with.
3. Continue to play after unplugging the cable. Your controller and console were only connected by the cable for the initial connection, and you can proceed without it if you so choose.
Method 2 Connecting Wirelessly
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on your PlayStation 5. A basic understanding of menu navigation is required in order to connect your PS4 controller wirelessly.
Using the thumbstick and pressing the x button together will bring you to the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Navigate to “Accessories” and press ×. It’s usually near the bottom of the Settings menu next to an icon of an external keyboard and controller.
3. Navigate to “Bluetooth Accessories” and press ×. You’ll see a list of your connected devices under “Registered accessories” as well as any disconnected or unpaired devices under “Accessories found.”
4. Turn on the pairing mode on your PS4 controller. This can be accomplished by pressing both the share button (located in the top left corner of the controller) and the PlayStation button (located in the centre of the bottom of the controller) at the same time. When the controller is in pairing mode, the light on the back of the controller will flash to indicate that it is connected.
It will appear on your screen under the heading “Accessories found” once the PS4 controller has been placed in pairing mode.
5. Navigate to your PS4 controller and press ×. You’ll need to do this on the controller that’s already connected to your PS5.
6. Navigate to “Yes” and press ×. Once you agree to connect the controller, you’ll be able to use it in the next step.
7. Select the profile to which you want to assign the controller by clicking on the drop-down menu. Navigate to the profile you want to use and press the x button. The remote will now be associated with the selected profile.
Creative Commons License