Google Classroom is a digital learning environment that was created by Google. Students and teachers on the platform each have their own profile picture, which you may want to change from time to time. You can find more information about profile pictures here. This emindsca will show you how to change your profile picture in Google Classroom using either a desktop web browser or the mobile app, as described in the title.
Method 1 Using the Mobile App
1. The classroom is open. This app icon looks like a group of people who have coloured on a chalkboard, and you can find it on your Home screen, in the app drawer, or by searching for it on your computer.
The Classroom mobile app is available for download for free from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store if you don’t already have it.
2. Tap ☰. You’ll see this in the top left corner of your screen.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu. You’ll find this grey gear icon near the bottom of the menu, next to the word “Settings.” It’s possible that you’ll have to scroll down to find it.
4. To update the photo, press the Update Photo button. In the menu, you should see this as the first item on the list.
For iPhone and iPad users, you’ll need to go to “Account Settings” first before you can access the “Update Photo” option.
5. Select Set Profile Photo from the drop-down menu. To proceed, you must select “Set Profile Photo” from the drop-down menu that appears in the pop-up window.
6. Choose a photo or press the Take Photo button. If you already have a photo on your camera roll that you want to use as your profile picture, select it from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, take a new photo to use as your profile picture.
Your profile photo can be in any of the following formats: JPG, JPEG, or PNG, with a maximum file size of 5mb.
If prompted, select Accept or Done or the checkmark to complete the process.
Method 2 Using a Browser
1. Go to https://classroom.google.com/. You can use any web browser to change your profile picture, including Firefox and Chrome.
2. Click ☰. You’ll see this in the top left corner of your browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down menu. You’ll find this grey gear icon near the bottom of the menu, next to the word “Settings.”
4. Click Change. You’ll see this under the header “Profile” and next to your current profile picture.
5. Click Select a photo from your computer. Your file browser will open.
You can also drag and drop a photo into the upload area.
Your photo can be JPG, JPEG, or PNG up to 5mb.
6. Resize the box that contains your photo (if you want to). Alternatively, if you only want to select a portion of the photo that you selected, you can do so by dragging and dropping the box over the photo. If you want to adjust the size of the box, you can do so by dragging and dropping the corners of the box.
7. Select Set as profile photo from the drop-down menu. Any open windows will be closed, and you will be redirected back to the settings page for your profile in the process. If you don’t see your new profile picture right away, try refreshing the page after a few minutes.
Creative Commons License