The chances are that if you’ve had a pair of AirPods for a long period of time, at some point you’ve lost track of where you put them. It’s never fun to be in a state of panic and scramble around looking for something you’ve misplaced, especially when it’s something as valuable as a pair of AirPods. If you want to avoid this from happening, take some precautions to make your AirPods more difficult to lose and more difficult to locate if you do happen to misplace them. You’d almost certainly prefer to spend your hard-earned money on something other than a new pair of AirPods!
Method 1 Storage Techniques
1. When you aren’t using your AirPods, place them in their case to protect them. This should be done whenever you take them out of your ears and don’t plan on putting them back in your ears any time soon afterward. It’s much easier to keep track of the case than it is to keep track of the two small individual ear buds.
Instead of leaving the earbuds in your ears or setting them down on your desk after finishing a conference call, remove them from your ears and place them in the charging case instead of simply leaving them in your ears or setting them down on your desk.
Make it easier to see by using a case that is brightly coloured and flashy.
2. Incorporate the AirPod case into a keychain case sleeve and clip it to your keys for easy access. Purchase a keychain case that is specifically designed to protect the AirPod charging case, such as a silicone sleeve. Insert the charging case into the sleeve and clip the case to your keychain to make it more difficult to misplace the case.
Additionally, you could choose to clip it to something else, such as a belt loop or the shoulder strap of your backpack or bag of some sort, if that is more convenient.
3. Fix a bluetooth tracker to the case so that it is easy to locate if it is misplaced in the future. Acquire a bluetooth tracker chip and attach it to the back of the AirPod charger case with double-sided tape. This will track the device. If you lose your AirPods, you can use the tracker chip’s app to locate them. Simply download the tracker chip’s app to your phone and connect it.
Many keychain cases for the AirPod charging case include a slot for a Bluetooth tracking chip, which can be useful when travelling. You can use a keychain case and a bluetooth tracker together to make it even more difficult to lose your AirPods and even easier to find your keys when you’re on your way out the door!
When it comes to bluetooth tracker chips, the Tile is an excellent example.
4. Make sure your AirPods are in the same place at home and when you’re not using them. Always store your AirPods in their storage case in the same location at home, such as a key dish, shelf, drawer, or a specific spot on your desk, to avoid losing them. Make sure to put your AirPods in the same pocket of a bag or jacket when you’re getting ready to head out the door.
Because of this habit, it is much easier to locate your AirPods when you need them. For example, if you know they’re always in the key dish by your front door, you can simply grab them when you’re getting ready to leave and place them in their designated pocket in your purse or backpack before heading out.
Method 2 On-the-Go Strategies
1. Attach your AirPods to a wearable strap to keep them close at hand while you’re out and about. A magnetic locking strap for your AirPods is available for purchase. It is similar in appearance to a lanyard but has two round mounts on one end for the AirPods. The earbuds should be inserted into the mounting brackets at the end of the strap until the magnets secure them in place. When you want to quickly access the AirPods without having to worry about losing them while you’re moving around, wrap the strap around your neck and go for it.
This could be a useful travel accessory for those who are on the go. As an example, you can put and take your earbuds in and out of your ears while travelling through an airport or flying on a plane, but you will always be aware that they are around your neck at all times.
2. When you’re not using your earbuds, twist them in your ears to keep them from falling out. Insert your AirPods into your ears and then twist them forward at a 30-degree angle so that the stems are at an angle rather than straight down, as shown in the image. If you leave them with the stem pointing straight down, they will be much more difficult to remove from your ears than if you leave them with the stem pointing straight down.
Always remember that everyone’s ears are unique, and this particular technique may be more effective for some people than others depending on their individual circumstances.
3. If twisting the AirPods doesn’t work, you can use AirPod covers to keep them from falling out. It is possible to purchase silicone slipcovers that are designed to fit over the Apple AirPod earbuds. Before you put the earbuds in your ears, stretch them over the earbuds to reduce the likelihood of an earbud falling out and becoming lost.
Additionally, some of these slipcovers have hooks on them that hook on top of or behind your ears, allowing you to keep your earbuds in place even more securely.
Even though you must take off the covers from the earbuds in order to put the earbuds back in their cases, they are still a great option for protecting your AirPods when you’re out and about or if you prefer to keep the earbuds in your ears throughout the day because you listen to music on them on a regular basis.
4. When travelling to a new location, double-check that you have your AirPods with you. Take a good look around before you get up and walk away from a space to ensure that you haven’t accidentally left your AirPods behind by mistake. Before you leave the space and proceed to your next destination, double-check that you know where your AirPods are.
In the case of a cafe where you just spent the afternoon working on your laptop, double-check your table and surrounding area to ensure you didn’t drop an earbud. Before you leave, double-check that you know where your AirPods are located in your bag or pockets.
5. If you lose even one of your AirPods, you should play an alarm sound through your headphones at maximum volume. Remove the earbud that is still in your ear and turn the volume on your earbuds all the way up to the highest possible setting. Find an alarm sound on the Internet and play it through your earbuds to wake up your family and friends. Pay close attention to track down the person you’re looking for.
Please keep in mind that this will only work if your earbuds are currently connected to your bluetooth device.
If you drop an AirPod in a couch or under a seat, for example, this can be a quick and easy way to locate the device you lost.
6. If you lose your iPhone and your AirPods, you can use Find My iPhone to help you locate them. From a computer, go to Find iPhone or open the Find My app on your iPhone and enter your iCloud account’s password. Select your AirPods from your list of devices, and then zoom in on the map to see where they are situated.
Please keep in mind that even if your AirPods are not currently connected, the app will still display the location where they were last online.
If you know your AirPods are nearby and connected, but you can’t find them, you can also tap Play Sound in the app to play a sound that gets gradually louder for up to 2 minutes, gradually increasing in volume.
Creative Commons License