You can activate your new credit card online or over the phone in minutes, depending on your preference. Following this step-by-step guide will assist you in protecting yourself from identity theft and keeping your card safe from theft.
Method 1 Activating Your Card by Phone
1. Find out what the phone number is. The phone number to call in order to activate the credit card will most likely be on the card, just like the website. It could also be included in the paperwork that came with the card.
2. Make sure you have all of your information ready. You’ll most likely need your credit card number, your account number, and the security code printed on the back of the card to complete the transaction. In the information that came with the card, you should include the account number as well. You may also need to provide your Social Security number or date of birth in some cases. It is possible that you will be asked to provide your full name.
3. Make a phone call to the number. When you call the number, you will most likely be connected to a recorded message service. Follow the prompts provided by the system to complete the task. It is possible that you will be required to enter information using the keypad, such as your credit card number or security code.
4. Make sure you finish the process. Finish entering your information into the system. Your card will be activated once you have provided all of the necessary information.
5. Remove the sticker and sign the card after you’ve done so. Remove the sticker from the card that contains the activation information by peeling it back. Make a mark on the back of the card with your signature.
Method 2 Activating Your Card Online
1. Locate the activation information on the back of your card. You should be able to activate your card through the website associated with your card. It is frequently found on a sticker attached to the card, but it may also be found in the packet of information that was included with the card.
2. To activate your card, go to the bank’s or credit company’s website and enter the necessary information. In order to complete the transaction, you will need information such as your credit card number, your name, and the security code, which can be found on the back of your card. You may also be required to provide your Social Security number and date of birth.
3. Please submit the necessary information. As soon as you’ve entered the information, double-check it to ensure that it is correct. When you click on the submit or activate button, your card will be activated immediately.
After you’ve completed the online card activation process, take a look around the website to see if there are any special offers available for new card activations. A large number of companies offer incentives to new cardholders.
4. Confirm that you have completed the online activation of your credit card. Financial institutions will contact you or send you an email to confirm that your account has been activated. It’s possible that you didn’t receive an email, in which case you can contact the company to confirm that your card has been activated.
5. Remove the sticker from the card and sign it. Remove the sticker from the card that had the activation information printed on it and set it aside. Sign your name on the back of the card if you wish.
6. Set up or log into an online banking account with your financial institution if necessary. Following the activation of your card, you will most likely be required to create an online account with the company. You’ll need information such as your date of birth, your Social Security number, an email address, a password, and an account number in order to set up an account with the company. It is possible that you will need to create a username that is distinct from your email address. It is not always necessary to have an online account in order to activate your card on some websites. Visit the card’s activation website to see if yours does, and if it does, follow the instructions.
For those of you who already have an account, simply login with your new username and password to gain access to your account.
Creative Commons License