This emindsca teaches you how to use the desktop music controller app on Sonos to update your music library on PC or MAC. For this to work, you must have a Sonos account.
Part 1 Setting Up the Desktop Music Controller App
1. Go to https://www.sonos.com/en-us/controller-app in a web browser.
2. Choose between the Mac and Windows download links. This is next to the picture of the speakers and phone.
There are links for Android and Apple phones, as well as Windows and Mac computers. The download will begin as soon as you click the appropriate link.
3. Double click on the downloaded file.
4. To finish installing the app, simply follow the on-screen instructions. The prompts you see may differ slightly depending on the type of system you have. On a Mac, you’ll probably have to click Agree and drag the app into your Applications folder. To proceed on a PC, you must click Agree.
5. Launch the Sonos Music Controller for Desktop app. Once the app has finished downloading, locate it in the Start Menu or in your Applications folder and double-click to open it.
6. Select whether to install a new system or connect to an existing one.
To proceed, you must have a system in place.
If you decide to set up a new system, you must first create an account.
You must log in if you choose to connect an existing system.
Part 2 Updating Your Music Library
1. Click Music Library Settings. This is in the menu along the top of the screen under Manage.
2. Click the add icon.
For Macs, you will click a plus sign.
For Windows, you will click the word Add.
3. Navigate to the music you want to listen to. The system will default to the “In My Music” folder, but you can change it if you’ve saved your music elsewhere.
You may be prompted to enter the password for your computer.
4. Click Update Music Library Now. This is in the menu along the top of the screen under Manage.
Updating music from your computer to your Sonos library may take a while.
5. Set your music to auto-update (optional). If you make frequent changes to your music library, you can also schedule it to update.
In the Music Library Settings, check the box next to “Update content every day at…” and choose the time you want Sonos Music Library to update.
Creative Commons License