Safari in iOS 8 now has a new feature that allows you to scan your credit card using the camera. You will not have to manually enter your credit card information. Simply scan your credit card on your iPhone or iPad, and it will automatically enter your credit card information. It is quick and easy to use, making online shopping a breeze.
Method 1 Setting Up the Credit Card
1. Launch Settings. Locate the Settings application on your device (gear icon). Tap on it to launch it.
2. Visit Safari. The Settings menu will appear, allowing you to configure your device’s settings. Scroll down the list of options and tap “Safari.” to access the Safari app’s settings.
3. Select “Password and AutoFill.” It is located on the General section of the Safari menu, near the top of your screen.
4. Navigate to the Saved Credits Card menu. The option “Saved Credit Cards” is located at the bottom of the list menu. Tapping it should bring up a list of all the credit cards you’ve linked to your iOS device. If you’re visiting for the first time, this screen should be empty except for one option.
5. Include a credit card. At the top of your screen, you’ll see an option to “Add Credit Card.” To begin adding your credit card, tap on it.
6. Make use of the camera. The “Use Camera” option will appear at the top of your screen, above the Card Details fields. When you tap it, your device’s Camera will open.
7. Scanning the credit card In the Camera screen, you will notice a frame. Place your credit card within the frame, and your device will scan it automatically.
When the credit card is scanned, the scanned information is used to populate the credit card details in the menu.
8. Keep the card. When you’re finished, tap the “Done” button in the top right corner of the screen. It will store your credit card information on your device.
If you want to add more credit cards, simply repeat the process by opening the Camera and selecting the “Add Credit Card” option.
Method 2 Scanning a Credit Card While Making an Online Purchase
1. Open an online store using Safari. You can use the scan function only while making a purchase on Safari.
2. Place your order. Shop online and add the items you want to buy to your shopping cart. Click the “Proceed to Checkout” button, which is usually at the top of the screen.
3. Insert a new payment method. During Checkout, most online stores will give you the option to add a new payment method. To proceed, tap the option, which is usually located near the top.
4. Add your credit card. On the following screen, tap the “Name on card” field in the centre of your screen. When you tap it to enter your name, a new option, “Scan Credit Card,” will appear above your keyboard. To scan your credit card, tap on it.
5. Take a picture of your credit card and scan it. When you select the scan option, your device’s camera will launch automatically. When you place your credit card within the frame in the Camera screen, your iOS device will begin scanning. It will automatically fill out the credit card information fields on the Checkout page.
After you’ve scanned your credit card, you’ll be able to check out.
Creative Commons License