This emindsca teaches you how to use an iPhone or iPad to restore a deleted file or folder from your Google Drive Trash and make it available again.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Google Drive app. Drive is represented by a coloured triangle with yellow, blue, and green edges. It will display a list of your saved and online files.
If you aren’t already signed in to Drive, tap the SIGN IN button in the lower-left corner and sign in with your Google account.
2. Tap the icon with three horizontal lines. This button can be found in the upper-left corner of your screen. It will bring up your navigation panel on the left side.
3. On the left panel, select Trash. At the bottom of the menu, this option is listed next to a grey trash icon. It will open your Trash folder and display a list of everything you’ve deleted from your Drive.
When you remove a file from your Drive, it is moved to the Trash folder. When you delete a file from Trash, it is permanently deleted.
4. Next to a file, tap the three-dot icon. Locate the file or folder you want to recover in Trash and tap the three dots next to the file or folder name. Your options will appear at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to recover a folder, simply tap the folder name. If you want to restore the selected folder, a pop-up window will appear. In this case, select RESTORE.
5. From the menu, choose Restore. This will recover the selected file from the Trash and return it to your Drive. It is now listed among your saved files and folders.
Creative Commons License