This emindsca teaches you how to stop PDF files from opening in Google Chrome by default.
1. Launch Google Chrome. It can be found in the All Apps section of the Start menu (Windows) or in the Applications folder (macOS).
2. Click ⁝. It’s near the top-right corner of Chrome.
3. Click Settings. It’s toward the bottom of the menu.
4. Scroll down and click Advanced. It’s at the bottom of the page.
5. Scroll down and click Content settings. It’s near the bottom of the “Privacy and security” group.
6. Click PDF documents. It’s near the end of the page.
7. Slide the toggle switch to the On position. Chrome will prompt you to download the PDF instead of displaying a preview as long as the switch is blue.
Creative Commons License