The autofill feature available in most browsers and mobile devices is usually very useful, except when your information, such as your address, changes. This emindsca teaches you how to modify autofill entries on a desktop computer, Android phone, or Android tablet. If you own an iPhone, see How to Change Autofill Options on an iPhone.
Method 1 Using Google Chrome
1. Launch the Chrome web browser. You can open a web browser window on your Windows or Mac computer by double-clicking the icon, or you can open the app on your phone or tablet.
Because most Android phones use Google Chrome autofill entries, this method will also work for many Android users.
2. Alternatively, you can tap or click. This three-dot menu icon can be found in the top right corner of the window on either platform (mobile or desktop).
3. Settings can be accessed by clicking or tapping on it. On either the desktop or mobile version of the web browser, this is located at the bottom of the menu.
4. Passwords, Payment methods, and Addresses, among other things, can be accessed by clicking or tapping on them. This is where you save all of your autofill information. If you’re using a desktop web browser, these options are under the “Autofill” header; if you’re using the mobile app, these options are under the “Basics” header.
4. Make any necessary changes to the entries. You can add, delete, or edit existing entries in any of the preceding categories, such as Payment methods.
If you go to “Passwords,” you may be asked to enter the password for your computer or phone in order to proceed. After successfully entering your computer or phone’s password, click the eye icon to view your saved password. You will be unable to edit your saved passwords in Google Chrome if you enter an incorrect password for your computer, phone, or tablet.
You can add or remove cards from Payment methods by selecting Add or a card and Delete.
To edit an existing address entry, click the three-dot menu icon and then Edit or Remove. If you want to add information, you can also click or tap Add.
Method 2 Using Firefox
1. Launch Firefox. You can open a web browser on your Windows or Mac computer by double-clicking the icon, or you can open the app on your phone or tablet.
2. Click or tap ☰. You’ll find this in the top right corner of your web browser.
3. Click or tap Options. You’ll find this in the middle of the menu next to a black icon of a gear.
4. Click or tap Privacy & Security. You’ll see this in the menu on the left side of the page next to a black icon of a lock.
5. Saved Addresses can be accessed by clicking or tapping on it. To find the “Forms and Autofill” header, scroll down the page.
To change your saved addresses, click Add, Edit, or Remove.
6. Click or tap the X in the top right corner. Closing the window will save your changes.
Creative Commons License